The History of The Royal Town
Being one of the oldest towns in the country, Klang was established as the first Malay Sultanate state and bestowed with the status of a Royal Town by the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Salahuddin in 1643.
Strategically located on the banks of Klang River, it was the place used by the local people to access into the interior then. During the nineteenth century, Chinese immigrants were brought to develop the land and Klang became the entry point for those who sought work primarily in the farms and tin mines. On the other hand, immigrants from India chose to work within the vacinity of the port.